QUOTE (dhankumar @ Sep 19 2012, 01:51 PM)
I too first calulated my % same as you did below for Vijay 14 subjects 1400 total marks but I checked mine credit of subjects then i found total marks to 1200 not 1400 so i here got confused.
My enrolment no is 099127381 BDP. I would like to request to check mine to if i am wrong . I found my percentage 59 % out of 1200 total max marks.
I have uploaded excel fine of my calculation too herewith. Pls have a look.
Dhan Kumar Ghimire
There is nothing to be confused about. I shall explain :-
1. Maximum marks for every four credit courses is 50 and that of eight credit courses is 100.
2. The maximum marks for BDP is 1200 and not 1400.
3. The online grade card shows marks out of 100 for every course (irrespective of 4 credit or 8 credit).
4. The final grade card which you receive along with degree certificate shall compute marks as per point 1 above.
5. For computation of % of marks you SHOULD CONSIDER MAXIMUM MARKS AS 1200 ONLY. So your computation of %out of 1200 is correct.
At times there may be some difference in % of marks when you calculate out of 1200 and 1400 depending on the marks scored by you in assignments and TEE for four credit courses. In the case of Mr. Arvind Singh, in either way the % was working out to 64.